Every year CDS Exam is conducted twice under the supervision and control of Union Public Service Commission ( UPSC ) for selection into Indian Armed Forces such as Indian Navy, Indian Army and Indian Air Force.
For aspirants help we have uploaded the CDS official notification on our website, you can check the official notification information here:
Aspirants of CDS 2 2019 can update themselves with the important dates from the table given below:
|Selection Process Event||Important Date of the event|
|Start Date of Online Registration||12 June 2019|
|Last Date of Online Registration||8 July 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||August 2019 (Tentative)|
|CDS 2 Exam Date 2019||8th September 2019|
Department – wise details of the vacancies notified under CDS 2 2019 is given below:
|Name of the Department||Total Number of Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||100|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||45|
|Air Force Academy (AFA)||32|
|Officer Training Academy – Men (OTA)||225|
|Officer Training Academy – Women (OTA)||15|
The CDS exam which is also known as Combined Defence Services examination is of the most popular exam among the Indian defence aspirants, CDS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission two time every year. Candidate who wish to join the Indian Armed Force like Army, Navy, Air Force as an officer appear in this exam..Candidate qualifying the written test are interviewed by Service Selection Board. There are for different training academies which one can join through CDS exam.
- Indian Military Academy for Indian Army(Only Men)
- Indian Air Force Academy for Indian Air Force(Only Men)
- Naval Academy for Indian Navy(Only Men)
- Officer Training Academy (Men and Women)
These are the important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the CDS. The parameters are given below:
Aspirants of CDS 2 2019 Exam must fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below:
|Name of the Academy||Age Limit||Age limit year wise i.e Born Between|
|For IMA||19 – 24||Born between 2nd July 1996 to 1st July 2001|
|For INA||19 – 24||Born between 2nd July 1996 to 1st July 2001|
|For AFA||20 – 24||Born between 2nd July 1996 to 1st July 2000|
|For OTA||19 – 25||Born between 2nd July 1995 to 1st July 2000|
- Candidate must either be Indian citizen
- a subject of Bhutan
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
2. Age Limit:
19-24 Years: Indian Military Academy Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2000 only are eligible.
20-24 Years:Indian Air Force Academy born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 1999 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1st January, 1999) only are eligible.
19-24 Years:Naval Academy Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1995 and not later than 1st January, 2000 only are eligible.
19-25 Years:Officer Training Academy 2nd January, 1994 and not later than 1st January, 2000 only are eligible.
3. Educational Qualification: The educational qualifications varies according to the post is listed below:
- For Indian Military Academy and Officer Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Air Force Academy : Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering from a recognized University.
4. Physical Standards:
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight
- The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cm. for Army, 157 cm for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force
- For Women candidates’ minimum acceptable height is 152 cm
- For Gorkhas and candidates belonging to hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cm less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2cms.
Selection Process: CDS 2 2019
The selection process of CDS 2 2019 involves four steps such as:
- Written Exam
- Interview/ Personality Test (SSB)
- Medical Test
- Final Selection/ Merit
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Combined Defence Services (CDS) in every year two time. The Exam pattern of CDS exam is:
Question Paper pattern for IMA, INA and AFA:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge||120||100||2 Hours|
|Elementary Math||100||100||2 Hours|
Question Paper pattern for OTA:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|General Knowledge||120||100||2 Hours|
• Negative Marking: For every incorrect response, 0.33 marks will be deducted as negative marking in the examination
• SSB Interview :
After clearing the written test, candidates have to go through the SSB
Interview. The SSB procedure consists of two stage selection process-Stage I
and Stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to
appear for Stage II.
This comprises of English Language, General Knowledge and Mathematics.
|English Language||General Knowledge||Elementary Math|
|Basic Grammar||Current Events||Arithmetic|
|Error Spotting||Cureent Events||Mensuration|
- Kindly visit the official website for the notification link (www.upsconline.nic.in )
- Read the instructions carefully and Click Yes
- Fill in the first part of the online application to register yourself for the CDS 2 2019 EXAM
- Upload your recent Photo and Signature according to the specifications mentioned in the notification.
- In case you are applicable for the exam, you can submit the application fee immediately after registration.
- The fee charges for the general aspirants are Rs.200/- and for those applicants who come under the reserved category and female candidates are exempted from application fee. You can also make the payment by depositing the application fee amount in the nearest SBI bank branch.
Category – wise Application Fees
|Name of the Category||Total Fees|
- Candidates can pay examination fee online using any visa/master debit or credit card issued by any bank/institution
- The payment of examination fee can also be done online using the internet banking facility of the State Bank of India and SBI Associate banks
Every candidate who registers for CDS II Exam 2018 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of CDS. The admit card for the CDS I exam will be released before 10 days of the exam.
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for CDS. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
CDS II Exams will be announced in the months of NOVEMBER 2019. The UPSC will announce the CDS II Result 2019. This includes roll numbers of shortlisted candidates. Result of Combined Defence Services Examination (I) 2019 of exam can be checked online at upsc.gov.in, the official website of Union Public Service Commission. Selected candidates have cleared the UPSC CDS (1) 2018 Cut Off and are called for later rounds of psychological aptitude test and intelligence test by Service Selection Board.
The Written examination of CDS conducted across 41 cities 2019.The Exam will held on Paper and Pen Mode. The CDS Exam centers 2019 has been Released by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) along with Notification.
The Examination will be held at the following Centres :
AGARTALA, AHMEDABAD, AIZAWL, ALLAHABAD, BENGALURU, BAREILLY, BHOPAL, CHANDIGARH, CHENNAI, CUTTACK, DEHRADUN, DELHI, DHARWAD, DISPUR, GANGTOK, HYDERABAD, IMPHAL, ITANAGAR, JAIPUR, JAMMU, JORHAT, KOCHI, KOHIMA, KOLKATA, LUCKNOW, MADURAI, MUMBAI, NAGPUR, PANAJI (GOA), PATNA, PORT BLAIR, RAIPUR, RANCHI, SAMBALPUR, SHILLONG, SHIMLA, SRINAGAR, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, TIRUPATI, UDAIPUR AND VISAKHAPATNAM.
CDS exam preparation must be done in a systematic manner, with latest exam pattern in mind. Since the syllabus covers a lot of topics, it is important to choose the right study material so that you can understand the concepts and practice a wide variety of questions as well. Apart from self study you can join any Coaching and Offline Test Series for better exam preparation.
|T.NAGAR BRANCH||ANNA NAGAR BRANCH||TAMBARAM BRANCH|
|No.37, second floor,||W-124, Fourth Floor,||No.20, First Floor,|
|Natesan street,||3rd Avenue Road,||Ranga Street,|
|T.Nagar||Anna Nagar||Tambaram Sanatorium|
|Above SBI ATM||Bank of India Building, Near Anna Nagar Roudtana||Above My India Business School|
|Next to Gomathi Shankar sweets||Opp HP Petrol Bunk||Near Saravana Gold Palace|