I. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER:
1. The ancient religion of our country is Vedic region
2. Recognised official languages of India 22
3. Language is the means of Communication
4. Thembavani is related to Christianity
5. Buddha Poornima is celebrated by the Buddhist
6. They play an important part in fostering unity and integration Music and dance
II. Answer the following in brief:
1. Why is India called the “Museum of human race”?
- India has a population of more than hundred Crores made up of diverse ethnic groups, castes, religions, speaking hundreds of languages.
- It had made it both a museum and a laboratory for the study of a man. Hence India is rightly called the “Museum of human race”.
2. Name some of the religions of India.
- Vedic religion
3. How do our customs, habits and heritage help to maintain unity?
The Indian heritage advocates hospitality, charity, friendship, love, unselfishness, dharma, proper conduct, humility, truth, peace, mercy, spiritual feelings, respect for parents and elders and tolerance.
This is how out customs, habits and heritage help to maintain unity.
4. What do you know about art and architecture of India?
Art and Architecture
- India was famous for its architectural unique
- The paintings at Ajantha and Ellora are world famous.
- The Gandhara Art and Sculpture speaks the excellence of India’s greatness in this field.
- Temple Architecture is the best among Indian building architecture.
5. Give a brief note on Indian Music and Dance.
Music and Dance
- The Carnatic style and Hindustani music is loved and learned by many.
- Bharathanatiya, Kuchipudi, Kathak,Manipur and Oddissi are some of the famous dances in India.
- In many respects the rich and varied Indian Music and Dance play an important role in fostering unity and integration.
1. Explain how do language and literature help to maintain unity in diversity.
- People of India speak different languages like Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi, Urdu and many foreign languages are spoken by its people.
- Almost, in India about 845 languages are spoken. Out of these 22 are recognized as the official language.
- Hindi is the national language of India.
- English is being used as the concurrent-language.
- Language is the means of communication, the instruments of growth, development and common brotherhood, Literature
- The growth of Indian languages led to Indian literature to reach its zenith.
- Languages have helped the growth of thoughts and philosophy.
- The Ramayana and Mahabharata are the two great epics of India.
- Bhagavad-Gita is the holy book of Hindus.
- Thembavani written by Veeramamunivar is related to Christianity.
2. Write a paragraph on National Integration.
- In spite of diversity in physical features, habits, religious faiths, languages, food and dress make the people look different but the heritage of India binds them together; Humanism, brotherhood, friendship make the Indians live in unity and harmony.
- The feeling and thought that all are the sons of Bharath, all are Indians.
- National flag, and National anthem, United we live divided we fall safeguard National Integration.
- This unity of India achieved through the ages right from the days of the Indus culture.