I. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER:
1. Postal and telegraph services belongs to personal communication.
2. Transport system acts as arteries and veins for national Development.
3 .The east coast road is built along the coast of Bay of Bengal.
4. The largest terrestrial network in the world is Doordharshan.
5. Minor ports are known as Anchorage ports.
II. MATCH THE FOLLOWING:
1.Golden quadrilateral – national highways
2.Cuddalore –minor port
3.GPS – location of place
4.Magazine –print media
5.Uninor –private telecom
III. ANSWER IN BRIEF:
1. Name the different types of roads found in Tamilnadu.
Roadways may be classified into four types. They are
- National highways
- State highways
- District roads and
- Village roads
2. Name some of the private telecom services
The private, basic telecom services are bharathi Infotel, TATA, reliance, Airtel, Aircel, Vodafone, Uninor
3. Name the three ports of Tamilnadu.
The three major ports of Tamilnadu are
4. What are the two types of communication. Give example
Personal communication and Mass communication
Ex: telegram, telephone, internets, email and fax
Ex: books, journals, magazines and newspapers
Ex: telecommunications, mobile phone etc.
5. What are minor ports? Give example.
Minor ports are anchorage ports where cargo is transshipped from the vessel to the shore.
Cuddalore, Nagapattinam, Kolachal and Rameswaram
6.Name the major international airports of Tamil Nadu.
The major international airports are
7. Expand STD
Subscriber Trunk Dialing
8. Distinguish between internet and intranet
The internet can be accessed by each and every individual from any part of the world.
An intranet is a private computer network that can only be accessed within a company through their internal network.
IV.GIVE PARAGRAPH ANSWER:
1. Account the advantages of communication technology.
It plays a vital part not only in personal life but also important role in business and education through satellites.
People can send and receive mails using e-mails to get information.
Shopping via internet is trend nowadays.
Online payment of phone bills, electricity bills and ticket booking can also be done.
Communication technology has also developed that even remote villages
Ex: GPRS and GPS
2. What are the recent prospective development made in road transport
Conversion of single lane of State Highways into double lane and multilane.
The widening and improvement of road is referred as IT Expressway that serves as connectivity to all IT companies.
The East Coast Road(ECR) that is built along Chennai and Cuddalore via Pondicherry.
Golden Quadrilateral Project in Tamil Nadu has been completed.
Most of the mofussil traffic have been diverted on to the bye pass roads to avoid traffic.