I. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER:
1. Primitive method of trade was known as barter system.
2. Trade decides the economic growth of a country.
3. In Tamil Nadu domestic trade is effectively handled between districts.
4. Virudhunagar district exports crackers.
II. MATCH THE FOLLOWING:
|3. Tidel park||Chennai|
|5. First uzhvar sandhai||Madhurai|
1. Define Trade?
An Exchange of Goods and commodities either within the country or between the countries.
2. Name some of the imports of Tamilnadu?
- Mineral fuel and mineral oil.
- Organic chemicals.
- Plastic articles.
3. Distinguish between Import and Export?
|Export refer to goods and services sold for foreign currency.||Imports are goods and services bought from overseas producers.|
|Ex.Textile goods, drugs and pharmaceuticals, chemicals||Ex. Organic chemicals, plastics articles|
4. Differentiate internal from international trade.
Trade carried on within the domestic territory of a country is termed as internal trade
Trade between two or more than two countries is termed as international trade.
1. Why trade is called an engine of growth?
- It helps in the flow of commodities.
- It generates dynamic change in the export front.
- Trade increases technology transfer from one country to another.
- It improves the welfare of the workers.
- It helps to increase the total production of a country.
2. Write a paragraph about UZHAVAR SANDHAI?
- This scheme was initiated for direct selling of fruits & vegetables at fair price.
- First Uzhavar sandhai was started at Madurai in 1999.
- There are 103 Uzhavar sandhais in the state.
- Every day on an average 1609 MT of fruits and vegetables worth of 191.77 lakhs are sold.
- Consumers were benefitted through uzhavar sandhai.