I. Choose the correct answer
1. The ruler of road regulations came into effect from
a) 1989 b) 1990 c) 1998
2) Pedestrians can cross the road
a) anywhere b) near the signals c) at zebra crossing
3) Every year, first week of is celebrated as Road safety week
a) December b) January c) March
4) For emergency call __________ for ambulance service
a) 108 b) 100 c) 106
II. Fill in the blanks
1. Drivers should drive their vehicles on the left side of the road.
2. Road safety cell was set up in September 1986.
3. The traffic light Red color indicates stop.
4. Read signals are classified into __________ types.
1. Accidents occur due to personal factors and environmental fields.
2. Driver should avoid the sound in Silence zones.
3. National road safety policies are prepared by the ministry of surface transport.
4. Persons below 18 years of age should not be permitted to drive vehicles.
5. Annually 1.1 lakhs people die in road accidents in India.
III. Match the following
|3. Information sign||Traffic police|
|4. Hand signal||Get ready|
IV. Answer the following
1. Mention the importance of Road safety.
i) Safety is more important in everyone’s life.
ii) So knowledge about road rules and safety methods are more important for everyone.
2. Draw and explain the traffic lights.
A traffic light, traffic signal or a stop light is a signaling device positioned at a road intersection to indicate when it is safe to cross through. The traffic signals pass on its information using a universal colour.
3. Write few road safety rules.
i) Don’t use the mobile while driving.
ii) Use seat belt while driving
iii) Don’t drink and drive
iv) Always adhere to speed limit
v) Pedestrians should walk continuously.
4. Name the documents that a person driving a vehicle should possess.
A person driving a vehicle should carry with him the driving license, certificate of registration, certification of taxation and certification of Insurance of the vehicle.
II. Answer the following detail
1. Explain the Importance road safety rules.
i) Drivers should drive their vehicles on the left side of the road.
ii) Overtaking may be avoiding as far as possible.
Causing at road Junction
i) The driver of a motor vehicle should slow down when approaching a road intersection, Pedestrian crossing or a road corner.
ii) Fire service vehicles and ambulances must be given free passage.
Taking “U” Turn
i) No driver shall take a “U” turn is prohibited. The “U” turn facility can be availed only on the allowed turnings.
ii) Direction indicator should be used while taking a “U” turn.
a) Signals to be given by drivers appropriately, as when he is about to slow down.
b) When is about to turn to the right or left.
c) When he is about to stop
One way Traffic
i) Drivers should not drive on road declared as “One way”. Drive one channelized road (lane traffic)
ii) Where roads are marked as lenses for movement, the drivers should drive with in the lane and change of the lane only the after giving proper signals.
i) Drivers of the vehicles should not use the sound of the horn needlessness or continuously or more than necessary to ensure safety.
ii) Drivers should avoid sound of the horn in the silence zones.