I. Fill in the blanks:
1. The main occupation of people in the Villages is——–
2. Transports facilities are available in ——-
3. Agricultural workers migrates from villages to
Towns and Cities
II. Answer the following:
1. What are the basic requirements of man?
The basic requirements like
· Medical facilities
· Employment opportunities
· Social Security Should be provided.
2. Give reason for the Migration of the Agricultural workers to cities.
· As agriculture is well developed it provides job opportunities to agriculture labours.
· In recent years the pastural lands have been reduced in size and cattle rearing has also decreased.
· Most of the agricultural land have been converted into residential flats.
· This was a death of blow to agriculture
· Therefore agricultural labours started migrating to town to cities.
3. How can Corporation be Identified?
· Cities with large population are called Corporation.
· Some of them are
· Corporations have broad four way roads, flyovers, skyscrapers, parks and private and public office industries educational and technical institutions.
4. List the infrastructure facilities found in cities.
· There are more employment opportunities available in cities.
· People working in Government offices and technical industries receive monthly income.
· These people are able to satisfy their basic requirement easily.
5. Enumerate five differences between – and City life.
|Village life||City life|
|Fresh air and ventilated residential area||Pollution and crowed area|
|Dependent on each other’s||Independent life|
|Hereditary occupation||Change according to time|
|Simple and Natural food||Fast food|
|Less transport and Medical facilities||Different mode of transports|