TNPSC Group 1 Selection Process: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC)’s Group 1 exam selection process details are given below….
Selection Procedure: The selection will be made in three successive stages, viz., (i) Preliminary Examination for selection of candidates for admission to the Main Written Examination and (ii) Main Written Examination and (iii) an Oral Test in the shape of an Interview.
A.Preliminary Examination: The examination consists of a single paper in General Studies having 150 items and Aptitude & Mental Ability Test having 50 items. Total marks are 300 in the duration of 3 Hours. The Preliminary Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Written Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
- Main Written Examination: Candidates who qualified in preliminary examination can attend for main examination which consists of three papers viz., Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III. each paper carries 300 marks in the duration of 3 hours. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination will be 50 times the number of candidates to be recruited having regard to the rule of reservation of appointments. However, in each reservation group, all the candidates who secure the same marks as that of cut off marks of their reservation groups shall also be admitted to the Main Written Examination, though the number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Written Examination may exceed 1:50 ratio.
- Oral Test: The candidates who qualify in Main written examination will called for oral interview. Interview will be conducted for 120 Marks.
- Age Limit:
|Name of the Post||Minimum Age (should have completed)||Maximum Age (should not have completed)|
|SC’s, SC(A)’s, ST’s, MBC’s/DC’s, BC’s, BCM’s and DW’s of all castes||“Others” i.e., candidates not belonging to SC’s, SC(A)’s, ST’s, MBC’s/DC’s, BC’s and BCM’s|
||21 Years||35 Years||30 Years|
|(i) For candidates possessing any degree||21 Years||35 Years||30 Years|
|(ii) For candidates possessing B.L. degree of any University or Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission.||21 Years||36 Years||31 Years|
(i) “Others” (i.e.,) candidates not belonging to SC’s, SC(A’)s, ST’s, MBC’s/DC’s, BC’s and BCM’s who have put in 5 years and more of service in the State / Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
- Educational Qualification:Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification:-
1. Candidates should possess a Degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or any other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
(i).The qualification prescribed for these posts should have been obtained by passing the required qualification in the order of studies 10th + HSC (or its equivalent)+ U.G. degree.
(ii). The candidates, who have written the final year degree examination, may also apply for the Preliminary Examination for direct recruitment to the posts included in Group-I Services.
- Preference will be given to the candidates, who possess the qualification mentioned against each of the following posts:
|Sl. No||Name of the Post||Qualification|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category – I)||A Degree or Diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science and also to those who possess National Awards for Physical Efficiency.|
|2.||Assistant Commissioner (C.T.)||First Preference _ A Degree both in Commerce and Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws.|
|Second Preference _ A Degree both in Commerce and Law.|
|Third Preference _ A Degree either in Commerce or Law together with a Diploma in Taxation laws.|
|Fourth Preference _ A Degree either in Commerce or Law.|
|Assistant Director of Rural Development Department||
Candidates applying for the post of Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I) must possess the following Physical qualifications:
|Name of the Post||Physical Qualification|
|Deputy Superintendent of Police (Category-I)||
Knowledge of Tamil: Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil.
Scheme of Examination: Group 1 Exam will consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Written Examination and Oral Test.
- Preliminary Examination: Preliminary examination will consists of 200 items in objective type, duration will be 3 Hours for maximum marks of 300.
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/ DCs, BCs and BCMs||Others|
|Single paper in General Studies-200 items Degree Standard – Objective Type General Studies – 150 items Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) 50 items||3 Hours||300||90||120|
- Main Written Examination & Oral Interview: Main examination will consists of descriptive type questions from degree standard. Exam will have three papers viz., Paper I, Paper II and Paper III each will carry maximum marks of 300 in time duration of 3 hours. Subject name, maximum marks and qualifying marks for main examination and interview are given below….
|Subject||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for selection|
|SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs and BCMs.||Others|
|General Studies- Descriptive type – Degree Standard Paper-I Paper- II Paper-IIIInterview & Record||3 Hours 3 Hours 3 Hours||300 300 300120||306||408|
- Oral Interview: Interview will be conducted for 120 Marks