Preliminary Exam Syllabus:
General Knowledge: The paper on general knowledge will include questions covering the following fields of knowledge: General science, current events of national and international importance , history and culture of India, geography, Indian polity, Indian economy, Indian national movement and freedom struggle, mental ability tests and other related fields.
Main Written Examination:
- Modern history of India and Indian culture.
- General Aptitude & Mental ability Test.
- Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu.
- Indian polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India and Geography of India.
- Tamil Society, its culture and heritage/ English language skills.
- Administration of Union and states with special reference to Tamil Nadu.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Current economic trends: Indian economy and impact of global economy on India.
- Socio economic problems of India/ Tamil Nadu.