TN TET 2017 Paper I Syllabus
TN TET 2017 Paper I Syllabus | Pattern (for classes I to V):
150 Question– 3 HOURS
Paper – I
|SI.No.||Content (All Compulsory)||MCQs||Marks|
|i.||Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to age group 6 – 11)||30||30|
|ii.||Language I – Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu||30||30|
|iii.||Language II – English||30||30|
Category of Candidates for TET – Paper I:
The following categories of candidates can write the Teacher Eligibility Test Paper I:
- The Secondary Grade Teachers appointed with the prescribed qualifications in Government, Government Aided and Un-aided Schools.
- Secondary Grade Teachers working in Unaided Institutions without the prescribed qualifications shall acquire such minimum qualifications within a period of 5 years and should pass the TET Paper I.
- All Candidates with necessary qualifications for a Secondary Grade Teacher and seeking for appointment as Secondary Grade Teacher for Classes I to V.
- Candidates who want to improve the scores of their previous TET Paper-I.
Eligibility to Write TET Paper I:
Candidates should possess the following prescribed qualifications to write the Teacher Eligibility Test Paper I :
- a) Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Course (10+2 Pattern) and Diploma in Teacher Education / Diploma in Elementary Education (Regarding the Candidates who have passed D.T.Ed. Certificates from States other than Tamil Nadu their certificate should be evaluated before Certificate Verification) in a Recognized Teacher Training Institute / DIET and seeking an 3 appointment as Secondary Grade Teacher for classes I to V (except Visually Impaired Candidates) can write Paper I.
- b) Candidates appearing for the Final Year Examination of D.T.Ed. during the current Academic Year (2012 – 2013) are also permitted to appear for Paper I in Teacher Eligibility Test. Such Candidate’s should have successfully completed the course in the current Academic Year (2012-2013) itself and should produce D.T.Ed Certificate during Certificate Verification, otherwise they shall not be considered for current year Government recruitment process. However they may be issued with TET certificate after producing D.T.Ed Diploma certificate.
- c) Visually impaired candidates are not eligible to write Paper I.
- Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on Educational Psychology of Teaching and Learning, relevant to the age Group 6 – 11 years.
- Language I will focus on the proficiencies related to the Medium of Instruction. The Candidate has to choose any one of the languages mentioned in Sl. No. ii above. For recruitment process candidates shall be considered for the vacancies in the concerned medium only.
- Language II – ENGLISH will focus on the elements of language, communication and comprehension abilities. d. Mathematics and Environmental Studies will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of these subjects.
- The questions in the test Paper I will be based on the topics of the prescribed Syllabus of the State for
Classes I – V but their difficulty level as well as linkages will be upto the Secondary Stage.
Scheme of Written Examination :
- a) Question Paper will have 150 Multiple Choice Questions in the subjects under the relevant paper as mentioned above.
- b) Candidates have to mark the right choice of answers among the four options. Each right answer will be awarded one mark. There will not be any negative marking.
- c) The questions for all the subjects (except languages) will be both in Tamil and English.
- d) The syllabi for the subjects covered are already published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette and also available in the Teachers Recruitment Board’s official web-site http://www.trb.tn.nic.in
Teacher Eligibility Test – Certificate:
- a) A person who secures 60% or more in the TET Paper I examination and possesses prescribed qualification for the post of Secondary Grade Teacher in Tamil Nadu will be considered as TET Paper I Pass. This will be the qualifying marks for the candidates of all the categories.
- b) Candidates are allowed to appear for the TET Paper I Examination only on the basis of their declaration that they possess the required qualification for the post of Secondary Grade Teacher.
- c) Candidates who have secured 60% and above in the TET Paper I Examination will be called for Certificate Verification.
- d) During Certificate Verification their academic qualifications will be verified.
- e) After Certificate Verification TET certificate will be issued only to eligible candidates.
- f) TET Certificate will be valid for 7 years from the date of issue of the certificate.
- g) TET qualification is only one of the eligibility conditions for appointment. Mere holding of a TET certificate does not confer any right to appointment.