Staff Selection Commission Graduate Level (SSC – CGLE)
About Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGLE):
Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination (SSC – CGL) for recruitment to different Central Civil posts – Assistant / Inspector / SI / Divisional Accountant / Statistical Officer / Auditor / Accountant / Junior Accountant / UDC / Tax Assistant / Compiler, for which Graduation from a recognized University is the minimum Educational Qualification required. The recruitment for these posts is done in departments of Central Secretariat Service / Central Vigilance Commission / Intelligence Bureau / Ministry of Railways / Ministry of External Affairs / Ministry of Defence / CBI and a few other Ministries / Departments / Organisations of the Central Govt.
Posts Under SSC CGLE:
Posts have been placed in two groups, Group – B and Group – C. The pay scale for the posts under Group – B is Rs 9300 – Rs 34800 and for Group – C it is Rs 5200 to Rs 20200. Posts have been categorised into two groups based on the pay scale and the papers in Tier-II.
Posts Under Group B
- Assistant: For Ministry, Department or Office of – Central Vigilance Commission, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), AFHQ, other Ministries / Department / Organisations
- Assistant Section Officer: In office of Central Secretariat Service.
- Inspector: For CBDT, CBEC, CBI, Depatrment of Post and Central Bureau of Narcotics
- SI in CBI, NIA
- Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue
- Divisional Accountant: For Offices under CAG
- Statistical Investigator Group II: For Minstry of Statistics and Program Implementation
- Assistant Audit Officer: For Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG
Posts Under Group C:
- Auditor: Offices under C & AG, CGDA, CGA and others
- Accountant / Junior Accountant: Offices under C & AG, CGA and others, Central Govt. Offices and Ministries
- Tax Assistant: CBDT, CBEC
- Compiler: Registrar General of India
- Sub Inspector: Central Bureau of Narcotics
- Statistical Investigator Gr II : Max 32 years
- Assistant Section Officer/SI in CBI : 20 – 30 years
- Assistant in IB: 21 – 27 years
- Assistant Enforcement Officer/SI in NIA/Asst Audit Officer : Max : 30 years
- SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics: 18 – 25 years
- Tax Assistant CBEC : 20 – 27 Years
- All Other posts : 18 – 27 years
- For post of Compiler: Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
- For post of Statistical Investigator Grade – II: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized university or institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level OR Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level
- All other Posts: Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Essential Educational Qualifications :
Assistant Audit Officer -> Essential – Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute. Desirable – Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
Statistical Investigator Grade – II -> Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level (OR) Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
Compiler -> Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
All other Posts -> Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Rs. 100/- for General and OBC Category candidates. The candidates may submit the requisite fee through State Bank of India only either in the form of challan, generated on line, or through SBI Net Banking. Payment can also be made through any Credit or Debit Card. All Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Physically Handicapped (PWD), and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee.
The Examination comprises of four stages as explained below.
|Tier – I||Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) (Computer Based)|
|Tier -II||Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type) (Computer Based)|
|Tier -III||Descriptive Paper in English / Hindi ( Pen and paper mode)|
|Tier -IV||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test (Wherever Applicable )|
Pattern of Tier -I Examination (Computer Based):
|Part||Subject||No of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||75 Minutes
( 100 Minutes for VH candidates)
- Tier –I of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- There will be negative marking of 0.5 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice , set both in Hindi and English in respect of Parts A, B and C.
- The questions in Reasoning, GA and English will be of a level commensurate with the Essential Qualification viz graduation and questions in Quantitative Aptitude will be of 10th standard level.
Pattern of Tier -II Examination (Computer Based):
This is the second stage of the exam and only those candidates who qualify the first stage (Tier -I) , will be allowed to sit in this exam . It is also a objective type test and Paper I and Paper II are compulsory for all the posts.
|Paper No.||Subject / Paper||Max . Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|I||Quantitative Ability||200||100||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|III||Statistics||200||100||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|IV||General Studies ( Finance & Economics)||200||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|Note : Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts .|
|Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.|
|Paper-IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer|
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice, set both in Hindi and English in respect of Paper I and III.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-II of 10+2 level and Paper-III of graduation level.
Pattern of Tier – III Examination:
The Commission has also decided to introduce a Descriptive Paper ( (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc) of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper will be bilingual. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium. This will be in Pen & paper Mode.
The maximum marks for this section (Tier III) is 100 and the duration is 60 minutes.
Pattern of Tier -IV Examination:
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): FOR THE POST OF TAX ASSISTANTS (Central Excise & Income Tax): The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.