I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Land that is surrounded by water on all the four sides is called an —–
2. The world’s deepest Mariana trench is located in the ——— ocean.
3. Sri Lanka is an ————
II. Answer the following:
1. Distinguish between a plain and a plateau.
A relatively flat and low lying and surface with almost no different between its highest and lowest points is a plain.
Example; the plain of Gangetic
The land that is higher than the surrounding region with a flattened top is called a Plataeu.
Example; The plateau of Tibet
2. Define peninsula. Give an example
Peninsula is a piece of land that is surrounded by water on three sides India is a peninsula
3. Why is Earth called as living planet?
· The land, water, air and favorable climate facilities the origin of life and help them in their requirement on the earth
· Plants animal and millions of micro organism are found and found on the land surface
· Thus earth is known as a living planets